[Wikimedia-l] crazy deletionists!

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Tue Jul 3 11:02:46 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, 3 July 2012 at 10:15, Svip wrote:
> I can't believe _I_ am not the ultimate ruler on what is valuable
> enough to get on Wikipedia. It seems most of the delete comments on
> the Justin Bieber article are mostly people who dislike Justin Bieber.
>
> Surely Lady Gaga on Twitter[3] should be deleted as well? Or perhaps
> that is different, because they like Lady Gaga more than they like
> Justin Bieber.
>
> [3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga_on_Twitter

To be fair, 'Ashton Kutcher on Twitter' is also up for deletion too. In both the Kutcher and Bieber case, there's a lot of "I don't like it, therefore it can't be notable!"

I just cannot see any legitimate argument for deletion being presented. They all basically boil down to "don't like it!"

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>