[Foundation-l] just wondering, are we going to take down en.wikipedia.org?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 19:39:01 UTC 2012

On 16 January 2012 19:27, Dan Collins <en.wp.st47 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/204167-sopa-shelved-until-consensus-is-found
> The House decided they're going to stop bothering with this bill for a
> while, so while we should continue to think about what we will do when

Not in the slightest. Your good cheer on the subject comes across as
lacking awareness of the lay of the land.

"Shelved" is entirely different to "dead", and SOPA-like ideas come
back like hordes of zombies. This is the latest in a long line of such
bills, and there will be more later.

SOPA is not "dead" until it has a stake through its heart and its head
stuffed in a pickle jar with a lemon in its mouth. Even then I'd keep
a sledgehammer handy.

- d.