[Foundation-l] just wondering, are we going to take down en.wikipedia.org?

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Tue Jan 17 00:53:20 UTC 2012

David Gerard wrote:
> SOPA is not "dead" until it has a stake through its heart and its head
> stuffed in a pickle jar with a lemon in its mouth. Even then I'd keep
> a sledgehammer handy.

I think there are pictures of that on Commons.

Has anyone been reading the press coverage so far? Wikipedia is being
grouped with Reddit and I Can Has Cheezburger. Really, sitting among the
cream of the Internet crop.

Regarding whether Twitter would join a blackout, Twitter's CEO Dick Costolo
said, "Closing a global business in reaction to single-issue national
politics is foolish."

Have any museums, newspapers, or other cultural or political institutions
joined this effort? Is there any concern about further damage to Wikipedia's
reputation and credibility as an academic resource when it behaves in the
same manner as sites like Reddit and I Can Has Cheezburger?

MZMcBride