[Foundation-l] just wondering, are we going to take down en.wikipedia.org?

Excirial mailfrontend.excirial at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:46:08 UTC 2012

Just to add something to my previous mail - since the implementation is
currently an added div, it is fairly easy to override it. One (example)
method would be using the popular adblock addon for firefox in combination
with the element blocker. By blocking divs with the ID "mw-sopaOverlay" you
could effectively disable the banner altogether. To be honest i personally
don't mind that it is technically feasible since the alternative seems to
be (possibly) breaking the Google indexing on wiki pages, but i am a tad
worried how many ill-intended people will get trough, when the amount of
surveillance will also be lower then usual.

~Excirial.