[Foundation-l] just wondering, are we going to take down en.wikipedia.org?

Excirial mailfrontend.excirial at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:39:36 UTC 2012

*@Domas, @Tim: As Wikimedia tech staff. Have you changed your mind? Are you
working to blackout English Wikipedia?*

See the Wikitech-l mailing list. The technical discussion seems to be over
there, at least in part. The matter seems to be more a "How can we get this
done properly wiithout breaking a load of other things before the appointed
date" then a "We don't want to do this". There is a prototype over here: (
https://test.wikipedia.org/?banner=SOPA_blackout_alt), for which i hasten
to add that it is only a technical prototype, with no final text, layout
and so on.

~Excirial