[Foundation-l] My public aplogies to Jan-Bart (was Movement roles letter, Feb 2012)

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 16 17:12:46 UTC 2012

On 16 February 2012 17:04, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2012 3:47 PM, "Thomas Morton" <morton.thomas at googlemail.com>

> Wikimedians often call me Thomas because that's what I have gmail set to
> call me and they know me mostly from emails. While I don't mind at all, it
> sounds (or looks) strange to me every time.

LOL, I was thinking exactly that as I read Tom Morton's note. I
*always* call you Thomas. And although I try, I have difficulty
calling Michael Peel Mike. I do however correctly address James
Forrester, in person, as Jimbo.

And -- in the event the OP is still here, Joan Gomà, how are you
properly addressed in person? I have heard people say things like
"When does Gomà arrive in Paris" and I have also been using that. But
you should presumably be addressed as Joan -- and presumably with the
J sound pronounced as a Y?

Thanks,
Sue