[Foundation-l] My public aplogies to Jan-Bart (was Movement roles letter, Feb 2012)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:04:20 UTC 2012

On Feb 16, 2012 3:47 PM, "Thomas Morton" <morton.thomas at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> I used to be really antsy over my name; to the point where, at school, I
> refused to be taught by one teach for a time because she kept calling me
> "Tom". Nowadays even I call myself that.
>
> Surely normal social convention applies; if someone raises the issue then
> "Don't be a dick" and take extra care. Otherwise slip
> ups/confusion/mistakes shouldn't be the end of the world...
>
> Tom
>
> (P.S. it now wierds me out when people call me Thomas... go figure)

I know exactly what you mean! I used to insist on being called Thomas, but
now even introduce myself as Tom.

Wikimedians often call me Thomas because that's what I have gmail set to
call me and they know me mostly from emails. While I don't mind at all, it
sounds (or looks) strange to me every time.