[Wikimedia-l] If I could talk to the wiki folks...

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 12:17:01 UTC 2012

Hum yes. We wanted Wikimedia Medicine, than where not able to get
permission to us Wikimedia so changed it to Wiki Medicine, NY state did not
like Medicine (and if we wanted to use it we needed permission from some
medical board) so abbreviated that as well giving us Wiki Med. NY state
added the Foundation Inc. bit.

The hope is to one day operate under the name Wikimedia Medicine. Hopefully
with a bit of paper work this can be achieved.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine