[Wikimedia-l] Wikipedia redefined -- typography and UX and such

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Aug 17 14:08:23 UTC 2012

On 8/17/12 12:02 PM, Magnus Manske wrote:
> http://toolserver.org/~magnus/redefined/?page=Pyramid

This is quite nice, especially on a larger screen! Our current layout,
which uses the full browser width for text, makes articles hard to read
and cluttered-looking on larger screens. The text column with images and
ToC in the sidebar is a nice change. Though on the other hand, I do like
flowing text around images below some with threshold. When reading on a
smaller screen, with this layout you can end up with a very narrow text
column down the middle. But overall I like it. The only thing I'd really
want is some way to get to more of the functionality. For example, I
can't find how to view edit history.

-Mark