[Wikimedia-l] Should we lock StrategyWiki?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:54:58 UTC 2012

On 12 August 2012 04:37, Michael Snow <wikipedia at frontier.com> wrote:
> I don't favor locking it. We will need to update the strategic plan in a
> couple years. The original plan was intended to last through 2015, and I
> think the next planning process will need to start no later than 2014 (to
> say nothing of interim updates to the current plan).

I would hope the next plan is prepared on meta. I think we've learned
that new wikis for things like this don't generally work very well
(the strategy wiki was one of the more successful ones, probably
because it was so well publicised, but I think the evidence says that
putting things on meta works better).