[Wikimedia-l] Wikipedia redefined -- typography and UX and such

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Wed Aug 8 21:12:51 UTC 2012

Perfectly sound remarks, Amir.
I would be a little bit more lenient about their grades. The problems
linked to this proposal are smaller than the achievements.
One could consider the "W" an abbreviation of "Wikimedia", or take
"WM". WM Commons, WM Source, WM News, WM Wikipedia. If in your
language it is a VM or something else, in "local" characters no
problem, use them.
The letter type could be a better one, indeed.
"History": It's amazing how little those terms are unified among the
Wikipedia language versions. A big renaming after 10 years of organic
growth would be great.
Kind regards
Ziko

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland