[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Fundraising pages

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 14:54:38 UTC 2004

Petr Kadlecwrote:
> Could someone please explain if there is some logical system in all
> those WMF-donation pages? ...The translation request says "Note
> that these pages do *not* use wiki-markup, but only HTML.

Sorry but I had not realized the [[m:Translation requests/WMF-don]]
page existed or I would have updated it. The instructions there are
now out of date as the pages have moved to the Foundation website. All
donations pages are now in wikitext and they rely heavily on the
template system that mav described at
http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2004-September/001021.html

The version that should be translated is at
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising on the Foundation
wiki. Please do not rely on any old copies that may still be on Meta.
I apologize for any confusion that has resulted over this.

There are already four completed language versions of the fundraising
page and I want to say thank you to Akl, Alex756, Anthere, Aphaia,
Elian, Eloquence, Greudin, Kzhr, Paddy, Ryo, Sj, Suisui, Timwi,
Tipiac, Tomos, Villy, and Yann for their work on these. Thanks also to
Brion Vibber for making it technically possible to have these pages on
the new Foundation wiki, and to Tim Starling and Looxix for their
development work on that wiki. Finally, a very big thanks to Daniel
Mayer for his extensive work on the fundraising pages and all the
associated templates, and for agreeing to keep the fundraising bar up
to date over the next two weeks.

The drive updates can be seen on any of the fundraising pages, and on
the http://wikimediafoundation.org home page.

Angela.