[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Fundraising pages

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:45:55 UTC 2004

Could someone please explain if there is some logical system in all
those WMF-donation pages? I know about
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF-don
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Fundraising_pages
http://wikimedia.org/fundraising
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home
and it seems to me they differ among themselves somewhat
significantly. I have translated the page at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF-don to czech
as I thought it would be better if the sitenotice that I have placed
to w:cs: would better link to a czech version of the page. But now, I
have no idea where should the czech translation be placed (I suppose
that m:Translation_requests/WMF-don/Cs: is not its final place), I
cannot add a page to wikimediafoundation.org like the german Wikipedia
did (as I have no login there), or should I create a fundraising page
directly on cs: ?

And, regarding the translation: I have left out those PayPal links
(and left only one in the text), as PayPal cannot be used from
Czechia, so they are of no use to czech users (MoneyBookers work
fine). I hope this is OK?

And a final technical question: The translation request says "Note
that these pages do *not* use wiki-markup, but only HTML." But the
Translation requests/WMF-don/En: is in wiki-markup! I have used
wiki-markup as I used the en: version as the source; I could change it
to HTML, but...should I?

Regards,
Petr Kadlec (a sysop as cs:User:Mormegil)