[Foundation-l] Official Wikimedia roadmap?

Tom at folsoms.net Tom at folsoms.net
Mon Sep 20 01:45:53 UTC 2004

This is my first post to the mailing list, but I've been reading it for awhile, and this
post is something I really wanted to reply to and put my support behind.

One of the ways I always attract people to Wikipedia is to say something like "well,
this is the main project, the first one. It's pretty amazing... here are all the cool
features (list). But look at this! There are also wikiquote, Wikibooks, etc etc, and
proposals for lots more".  Normally that's enough to get people interested, but that's
when my trouble starts- questions. The latest one I got was repeated several times-
I like Wikipedia, but I want to work on 1.0.... do we know what plans are for that,
what timing? Is there a more updated page? an organizer for the project? Things
like that are common questions that I get. Also some technical issues, although
really the only main thing is the "I have to have multiple accounts for all these
projects?".

Any way, a single page that could act as a clearing-house for all of the proposed
projects and features would be a great way to not only get people involved in new
things, but make sure everyone knows what is really going on.

I really like this idea- especially because I want to be able to add WikiReader and
1.0 information to it (what I'm waiting to get involved with more).

Lyellin