[Foundation-l] Official Wikimedia roadmap?

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 17:33:15 UTC 2004

On 19 Sep 2004 17:55:00 +0200, Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> wrote:
> Without wanting to overburden the Board of Trustees which I am sure is
> already working at their personal limits, I'd like to suggest that we
> create an official Wikimedia roadmap for the next 3 years.
<kerrr-snip!>

This seems like quite a sensible idea, if people are willing to give
it due consideration. It's always good to have a definite focus and
deadlines, even if they are self-imposed and easily altered. For
instance, deciding *when* (or over what timescale) something like
"Wikipedia 1.0" or single-sign-on should be achieved would help define
when people should move from broad discussion to detailed plans and
actual action. It's all too easy in a democratic type structure to do
a lot of talking, and not get round to acting. [Either that, or I'm
psychologically transferring my own faults onto the entire Wikimedia
community... ;)]

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]