[Foundation-l] Official Wikimedia roadmap?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 02:33:02 UTC 2004

--- Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> wrote:

> Without wanting to overburden the Board of Trustees which I am sure is
> already working at their personal limits, I'd like to suggest that we
> create an official Wikimedia roadmap for the next 3 years.

All great ideas. Creating a 3 and/or 5 year masterplan is simply good operating
procedure. This was part of my failed candidate bid and something I think is
*very* important. But we first need to get a handle on short and mid-term
planning (specifically an official quarterly and yearly budget) before we dive
too much into the long term, IMO. Both can and should be done at the same time,
but more effort is needed (esp. initially) to get the short term systems in
place (in progress).

I really could use a tech person to help me figure out projected
hardware-related costs.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)