[Foundation-l] Re: New fundraising page version

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 14:59:19 UTC 2004

Daniel Mayer a écrit:
> --- Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>5, 10, 20, 35, 50, 100.
>

> Done.
>
> See
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising/USD
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising/USD/monthly
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising/USD/yearly
>
> I've also created versions for CAD, JPY, EUR, and GBP.
>
> The templates I'm using are now fully translatable (using variables).
>
> Example:
> {{creditcards|1=PayPal accepts the above payment options}}
>
> {{DonationForm/Onetime/JPY|OnetimeDonation=One time donation|OneTimeGiftOf=One
> time gift of:|MoneyName=yen|ShortComment=Short public comment (200
> characters)|MentionName=Do you want your name mentioned in a donor
> list?|Yes=Yes|No=No|IfNo=If you say no or don't answer, the amount and comment
> (if any) will be published as "Anonymous".|Optional=Optional
> field|Submit=Submit form to PayPal|Clear=Clear form}}
>
> Calls upon:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Template:DonationForm/Onetime/JPY
>
> To yield:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising/JPY/onetime
>
> (everything between = and | in the example can be changed and thus create a
> language-specific version)
>
> Major changes also made by Erik, Angela and I at:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising
>
> Non-English versions now need to be created.
>
> -- mav

I entirely changed the french version which was not working at all any more.
Hopefully works better now.

I have a problem though. I think no language version will be identical
one to another.
It is a pain to just do translations and not be creative as well.
I change the french page in a way that seemed nice to me.
I come back the next day, and the english page is entirely changed and I
should entirely do the french version again ?
How are we gonna update all languages each time the english version is
changed ? This will be a very difficult task. I am at a loss of how we
can handle this properly, in a way not to discourage translators.