[Foundation-l] Rewarding volunteers

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Wed Sep 15 12:44:32 UTC 2004

On 14 Sep 2004, at 19:58, Erik Moeller wrote:

> Jens-
>> Some sysops and developers ARE getting more power
>
> Aside from the fact that new people always advance within the existing
> hierarchies - a good thing, I'm sure you will agree -, I see no
> evidence
> that privileges have actually been extended in any significant manner.
> Not
> on the projects I've worked on. What are you talking about?

You've just answered that question yourself. (Hint: some, POV reference
in my prev email.)

>> However, for you to categorically state that "the trend is the exact
>> opposite of what you claim it is"
>
> I only "categorically state" things when they are obvious, or when I've
> provided a line of reasoning to do so, as I have here. You have
> provided
> no evidence for your above assertion and nor has the original poster.

You have remarkable faith in your own POV and are remarkably dismissive
of other's.

> But
> criticism should be constructive ("actionable") and have a clear,
> empirically demonstrated basis in reality.

This -- the implicit accusation that John's and my POV are "not in
Kansas anymore" -- is what I regard as detrimental to otherwise
possible attempts at a constructive discussion.

> Erik

-- Jens [[User:Ropers|Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com