[Wikimania-l] Fwd: Privacy of registration data

church.of.emacs.ml church.of.emacs.ml at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 17 19:49:11 UTC 2010

> From: HaeB <haebwiki at gmail.com <mailto:haebwiki at gmail.com>>
> As a general remark, the privacy of Wikimania registration data has
> been an issue in the past. While for example the Buenos Aires team
> appears to have been very diligent in that regard, there have been at
> least two other Wikimanias where real names of participants were
> posted on the Web, against their will.

I fully expect that none of the data I entered will be published
anywhere, except for the badge which contains my username and/or real name.

There's a seperate list of Attendees on the wiki where users can enter
information if they wish to do so:
http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Attendees/en

Regards,

Tobias / User:Church of emacs