[WikiEN-l] WYSIWTF

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:10:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Magnus Manske
> <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> > >Nice :-)
>>
>> Update : WYSIFTW now with auto-collapsed references!
>
> Hey Magnus, not sure if you're looking for more feedback, but, I just
> tried the section editing and:
>
> 1) Can't paste into it (ctrl+v). Other keys also don't work right (home, end...)

I haven't gotten around to implement any of these yet. I just managed
to add Ctrl/Alt plus cursor right-left yesterday night...

> 2) Can't edit the last character of a section

Yes, it's a cumbersome little bug I'll have to squash.

> 3) Clicking outside the edited section should do something (ie, prompt
> you to save or abandon)

What if you want to copy something from outside the section? (Assuming
paste would work...)

> 4) Double-clicking inside the edited section still does its default
> behaviour (edit the whole page)

Is it possible that you turned that behaviour on in your user
settings? It's off by default, AFAIK.

> However...this is really cool. And not just for newbies. It instantly
> makes it much more appealing for me to make a minor change, because
> it's so much faster (one less page refresh). Please keep going with
> it.

Thanks, I will!

Cheers,
Magnus