[WikiEN-l] PR consultants: perhaps Wikipedia is not the ideal promotional medium

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 2 19:01:34 UTC 2010

They may presume that the presence of stuff that hasn't yet been
de-pufferied (I made that word up) means that what they write will
stay. But the key point is lack of control. If you put something on
Wikipedia, you cannot control the content and that is what a lot of
people fail to understand. It becomes part of the wiki-editing
process, which at its best produces great stuff, and at its worst
produces some rather bad stuff.

Carcharoth