[WikiEN-l] (Active Voice) Where went the man?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:11:46 UTC 2009

2009/5/21 Jay Litwyn <brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>:
> "Eugene van der Pijll" <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote in message
> news:20090521074620.GA594 at alva.mail.gmail.com...
>> Jay Litwyn schreef:
>>> Where did that donkey kick a man?
>>
>> Your point is unclear. If you think [[Politics and the English
>> Language]] needs a better intro, take it to that talk page.
>
> If it were a standard essay, rather than an explanation of the difference
> between active and passive voice,
> then it would hav a point that was not trying to be cute in leading to a
> tagline. I am disallowed from talk pages and e-mail. The admin who started
> the process against me egzajerated his claims against me, did not finish the
> process or contribute to my claims against him, and he did indicate
> frustration with my communications, so I desisted communication with him.
>
> All I might do is link point four to the wikipedia guideline on active
> voice. The definition of <a
> href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_passive_voice"> passive voice</a>
> needs work. I see no way to make the declaration of independence into active
> voice, and that was not done in the article, either, so I do not think it is
> a good example. If it can be activated, then it should be done to show the
> antonym, active voice. If not, then someone should find a better example.

I don't see how a discussion of the active and passive voice is within
the scope of the mailing list. If you have problems with a block on
the English Wikipedia and wish to complain about an admin and cannot
contact anyone to help you then email ArbCom on
arbcom-l at lists.wikimedia.org and they will review the case.