[WikiEN-l] Notability and Fiction

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 04:06:48 UTC 2009

Dear Sarah,

We obviously have very different views about these types of article. I
think we both have the sense to know we will not convince each other,
and I too do not want to argue the general issue here.  But the
obvious thing is to compromise on combination articles  with 1 or 2
para graph sections for characters and stop fighting each other.   The
argument against merging was quite specifically that the nature &
quality was so different there was no way of simply combining them.
The result of trying to delete rather than merge is that people like
me , who would be perfectly willing to get rid of the individual
articles will instead defend them: I do not care about the separation
into articles, but I do about keeping content. I encourage the
hot-heads on my side to not try to defend too much, and accept if they
can get good merges--perhaps you can do something of the sort also in
a reciprocal way.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.