[WikiEN-l] Notability and Fiction

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 5 04:20:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 5:06 AM, David Goodman<dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> The result of trying to delete rather than merge is that people like
> me , who would be perfectly willing to get rid of the individual
> articles will instead defend them: I do not care about the separation
> into articles, but I do about keeping content. I encourage the
> hot-heads on my side to not try to defend too much, and accept if they
> can get good merges--perhaps you can do something of the sort also in
> a reciprocal way.

This is my position also. I am a decided mergist, and I think good
merging (coupled with improved writing and sourcing by people willing
to do the legwork that those voting delete often aren't) can solve
many problems. Of course, the focus then shifts to the lists, or the
summary articles, but it is often easier to defend notability of a
"topic" if the merge target is carefully thought out.

There should, somewhere, be "best practice" examples of what good
merging can produce. Can anyone find them?

Carcharoth