[WikiEN-l] SOS Children Wikipedia Selection 2008/9 BitTorrent link up

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 27 01:41:01 UTC 2008

Thomas Dalton wrote:
> We would need to work out what the GFDL actually requires for that, though...

How about setting a set of criteria, such as "links to Wikipedia's
article history", "links to on-site copy of GFDL", "stores an on-site
author list", etc., and give them a numeric rating without a clear-cut
compliance/non-compliance point? That way we could at least give a
relative rating to various sites, and WikiMedia could have standards to
look at when deciding whether to grant approval to use the logo.

Ideally, GFDL version 2 will come out and it will remedy these flaws and
give us CC compatibility and all manner of wonderful things. I recall
WikiMedia Foundation's been working with the Free Software Foundation on
this subject, does anyone know the latest news on that?