[WikiEN-l] SOS Children Wikipedia Selection 2008/9 BitTorrent link up

Andrew Cates Andrew at soschildren.org
Sun Oct 26 22:07:46 UTC 2008

There are some pages on degree of compliance on en, at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:GFDL_Compliance. The
problem with them is they are the most concentrated piece of Original
Research I have ever seen on WP. Does anyone have any kind of well
sourced opinion on the way that the licenses apply to Wikipedia? I
have posted a request online.

Personally I agree the community should set its standards on
attribution and community projects, especially logo-ed ones should be
held to those standards but at present a group of well meaning
individuals have worked out their own interpretations and started
listing websites as "high" "medium" or "low" GFDL compliance, making
significant allegations just based on a nested set of "probablies" in
the license interpretation. Unless the sources and references are
hidden somewhere out of sight? Otherwise all these pages should be
changed to degree of compliance to community wishes and GFDL should be
removed from the article names.

Andrew