[WikiEN-l] Cade Metz on Mantanmoreland & Short selling

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 01:01:51 UTC 2008

I don't think the FDIC vindicated anyone. That isn't really its role (see
[[FDIC]]). It's nice that Byrne is claiming that he predicted this whole
mess, and if only we at Wikipedia (where we control the public discourse,
apparently) had realized it we could have saved everyone all the trouble.
Unfortunately, he didn't predict it at all - he blamed naked short-sellers
for specifically targeting companies in order to decrease their share price
without putting up money, and explained his own company's lackluster
performance as the result of this tactic. Although, perhaps there was more -
the "never published" editorial, maybe? We'll never know for sure...

Nathan