[WikiEN-l] A definite version of WP:CRYSTAL

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Thu Nov 13 16:55:14 UTC 2008

The problem is reliability of what is inherently opinion. I see no problem
with writing opinions about facts outside of articles. This is also what the
documents about weasel words are about. Opinions about facts are qualified.
I want wikipedia restricted to what is not open to dispute. If pundits
argue, then wikipedia should be immune to having to block users because they
had an argument amid the edit summaries about which pundit will be right.
The future is controversial. It is controversial, because predicting the
future affects the future. Facts are not controversial. There is enough
controversy in the meaning of facts.

Human language is like a cracked kettle upon which we beat out tunes for
bears to dance to, while all the time we are meaning to move the stars to
pity. --Gustave Flaubert