[WikiEN-l] Is this normal?

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Feb 29 17:56:50 UTC 2008

All three were malicious, yes. Very much so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Fringe_theories/Noticeboard#more_Armenian_fun provides backgroud for my final suggested solution. Looks fairly harmless to me, at any rate. Is it technically possible?

CM
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.> From: kmw at armory.com> To: wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:45:56 -0600> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is this normal?> > On Friday 29 February 2008 11:43, Christiano Moreschi wrote:> > One relatively brief day of adminning enwiki and I find myself blocking the> > sockpuppets of no fewer than three separate returning banned users.> > Hkelkar, Ararat arev, and BryanFromPalatine, if anyone's interested. Is> > this a normal experience for my fellow admins?> > Just curious, but were they doing anything malicious, or were they honestly > contributing in good faith? If it's the latter, so what if they've been > declared "banned"...if they're not doing anything wrong leave them alone.> > >> > And do we do enough to keep banned users off Wikipedia? Should we chase> > them up in real life a little more?> > Absolutely not.> > > After all, I believe we do know who at > > least two out of the above three are. Wikipedia is hardly sinking under a> > deluge of banned users, but a little more proactiveness would be nice on> > this front. Is protecting articles from a specific user or IP range> > technically possible?> > The latter is totally unacceptable as a long-term solution.> -- > Kurt Weber> <kmw at armory.com>> > _______________________________________________> WikiEN-l mailing list> WikiEN-l at lists.wikimedia.org> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l