[WikiEN-l] Is this normal?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Feb 29 19:54:11 UTC 2008

Kurt Maxwell Weber wrote:
> On Friday 29 February 2008 11:43, Christiano Moreschi wrote:
>
>> One relatively brief day of adminning enwiki and I find myself blocking the
>> sockpuppets of no fewer than three separate returning banned users.
>> Hkelkar, Ararat arev, and BryanFromPalatine, if anyone's interested. Is
>> this a normal experience for my fellow admins?
>>
> Just curious,  but were they doing anything malicious, or were they honestly
> contributing in good faith?  If it's the latter, so what if they've been
> declared "banned"...if they're not doing anything wrong leave them alone.
Precisely; their past activities already have drawn a lot of eyes to
watch if they step out of line.  Reconciliation should always remain the
preferred option, and some semblance of that option should always be
available.  Some pachycephalosaurs need more opportunities than others
to bang their heads into stone walls.  Strict bans for long periods of
time take away their opportunities to correct their wrongs.

Ec