[WikiEN-l] A call for moderation

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:21:25 UTC 2008

> After reviewing your data posted here, and on otrs... and some of my
> own, I have to rephrase
>
> -entire+significant subset
>
> I believe however, is is offending a significant subset of people.
> Enough to where taking this compromise solution maybe both in the
> interest of the project, and the readership.

It offends a significant subset of Muslims, I would agree. A
significant subset of *that* subset will not be happy unless the
images are removed completely, and this compromise will not help them
at all. The key question is how many people are offended by the images
as they are now and would not be offended by them if they were hidden
in the manner suggested. Do we have any evidence that that is a
significant number?