[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 2 03:44:40 UTC 2008

Steven Walling wrote:
> You're talking about the unreferenced, un-useful and embarrassing
> information that was aggregated in to it. Those of you who keep railing
> about the "evil trend of deletionism" convienently forget that much of the
> deleted articles are in direct violation of policies that have nothing to do
> with notability.

Um, no, we're not forgetting that.  We would assert that the
articles in direct violation of policies that have nothing to do
with notability should be deleted on those other bases, and that
we don't need sweeping new notability policies which can and will
be used to delete great swaths of harmless articles which *don't*
run afoul of those other policies.