[WikiEN-l] Joseph Farah: Another dissatisfied customer

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 10:03:22 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/16/2008 12:49:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mbimmler at gmail.com writes:

Yeah  thanks for making my day.... Maybe someone should once give you
some stats  of OTRS's quality queue... it's rather in the region of 1-2
issues per  hour, at the very least.>>

---------------------------------------
That isn't quite the point.
The issue here is *unresolved* BLP issues.
BLP issues that stick around long enough to be actually noticed by the
public.

OTRS isn't always about things we've done *wrong*.  In fact it's  probably
mainly simply about people complaining, although we've done nothing  wrong.

That's quite a different kettle of fish isn't it?  I'm sure there are  many
subjects of articles, who wish the article said something different from  what
it does.  But if what it says is actually based on what evidence we  have, and
is presented fairly and impartially, than that's not really a fault is  it?

So the mere presence of many OTRS tickets, doesn't tell us much.

What I was referring to, is issues that come *here*, as unresolved, or
problematic.  Viewing the history of this mailing-list we have very few  *real*
*substantial* BLP issues.  So the natural conclusion is that the  vast majority
of OTRS tickets and other BLP issues get resolved in the standard  fashion.

So once again, the system is fine, and there is no need for any  change.
I've yet to see any cogent argument that would lead me to think  otherwise.  Just
a lot of hoo-hah.

Will Johnson