[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case about to close

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Thu Oct 18 00:43:31 UTC 2007

Quoting fredbaud at waterwiki.info:

> If the link is to a personal attack, it should not be republished.
> Depends on what's on the other end.
>
> Fred

Um, where is this coming from? Is this from Fred as the great arbitrator, Fred
as interpreting community consensus, Fred discussing what he would
block for or
what?

Following that question, do you really think that applies in general?
This would
imply that a discussion on ANI can't link to a personal attack and say "hey,
this editor made the following personal attack. We should block them for it"
but will instead say "Hey an editor made a personal attack, but I can't
show it
to you, so you'll have to go through his contribution list until you
find it" That's unworkable and unproductive. If this isn't what you
mean, some
clarification would be nice.