[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case about to close

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Wed Oct 17 19:02:25 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Arromdee [mailto:arromdee at rahul.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:33 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case about to close

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 fredbaud at waterwiki.info wrote:
> > I'm at least happy that it limits the application of this principle to
> > websites set up for the purpose (I would prefer sole/primary purpose,
> > though) or substantially devoted to harassing Wikipedians. This should
> > *hopefully* reduce the wikidrama that goes on.
>
> But it still gives free reign to remove links to attack sites that are
> used in discussing an attack sites policy.  It also allows the situation where
> a user is accused of posting on an attack site and is not allowed to give
> links to show that what he posted was innocuous.

> Please do not republish personal attacks.
>
> Fred

I don't see how that's in any way responsive to what I said.  Are you trying
to tell me that someone defending himself by saying "this is an innocuous
link", or someone arguing on an attack site policy discussion page, is
republishing personal attacks?

If the link is to a personal attack, it should not be republished. Depends on what's on the other end.

Fred