[WikiEN-l] Arbcom

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 14 13:00:30 UTC 2007

"Thomas Dalton" wrote

> That's not really the same kind of appeal. The appeals I'm talking
> about are after a committee of admins has fully explored the issue and
> made a ruling.

If you're talking about some kind of lower court, then I suspect it would get that kind of traffic; in other words ban appeals. Defining it as a committee of admins (not therefore representatives of the community at large) suggests its natural role to be reviewing of what individual admins get up to.

>All the information ArbCom would need to judge if an
> appeal is warranted should already be there. Judging an appeal of a
> community ban is much harder, since the information is often much
> harder to find.

I question both these points.

Charles