[WikiEN-l] Notability on the skfields

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:01:35 UTC 2007

The extent to which WP should not be a directory is subject to redefinition:

Hypothetically, suppose we reverse "Not a directory", and say "a
directory as well as an encyclopedia."

Perhaps it is now possible for us to incorporate these terns of
millions of potential small entries without harm to its primary
function. For an example, can anyone provide a reason why it would not
be possible and practical for every elementary school in the world to
have its own article?

I. Exactly how will this cause confusion to the users?

II. In what way will it be worse than the present situation: that many
elementary schools have their own entry, a small number because they
are notable, but the great majority  because they haven't yet been
deleted.

(This is a hypothetical question--I am in fact one of those trying to
combine or delete articles on non-notable elementary schools. That's
why I picked this example--it is not a reflection of my personal
prejudices.)

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.