[WikiEN-l] Notability on the skfields

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun May 13 08:54:15 UTC 2007

"Steve Bennett" wrote

> But an encyclopaedia with an entry on every single ski area in the
> world? That would be great. There's just no reason to avoid entries on
> minor ski resorts. There can't be an infinite number of them, as
> there's a finite amount of skiable terrain in the world (ignoring ski
> resorts in Dubai, Adelaide etc.)

I think you're talking about a list. This has shades of the "WP is not a directory" discussion. I believe in Norway cross-country skiing is favoured over downhill; but just about any country hotel in Norway might be a 'ski resort' in winter? Oh, you want facilities! Well, going back to the NZ article, it sounds mininalist.

Charles