[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Sat Mar 31 20:40:34 UTC 2007

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Angela wrote:
> The issue is this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WP:LIVING#Privacy_of_birthdays
>
> Just because you can look up birth records in primary sources doesn't
> mean Wikipedia should list everyone's birth date.

In that case, don't include it.  But we already have a rule that says not
to include it.  Don't try to stretch different rules to do so.  It's not an
unreliable source, and it should not be banned as self-published.
Stretching the wrong rule to cover a situation can cause really bad problems
in the future when the stretched rule is now considered the rule's natural
meaning.