[WikiEN-l] Getting hammered in a tv interview is not fun

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 31 19:17:15 UTC 2007

Angela wrote:
> The issue is this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WP:LIVING#Privacy_of_birthdays
>
> Just because you can look up birth records in primary sources doesn't
> mean Wikipedia should list everyone's birth date.

The year of birth was taken out too, though (it's still in the infobox
template because apparently Grace Note thought removing it would break
the infobox and so deleted the whole thing, which was reverted). The
year is perfectly acceptable and the reasons for rejecting the sources
for it were IMO silly. This is my basic objection here.