[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia, a world without borders with borders?

Skander - shinywater at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:42:35 UTC 2007

Just a note... On the Dutch Wikipedia, fair use is not permitted, but in the
album template there is a parameter which one can use to link to the album
cover on the English wiki.
http://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=N.E.W.S_%28Prince-album%29&oldid=8144601(current
version of the page). I personally agree that Fair Use is
inappropriate for a "free" encyclopaedia when it says it permits people to
reuse it, but that doesn't really matter in this case. I can understand that
most people who read the Dutch Wikipedia are Dutch or Flemish and thus are
even less likely to be able to reuse the content than visitors of the
English Wikipedia are, but still, it's quite weird. The servers are hosted
in Florida and technically the wiki has nothing to with the Netherlands
except being Dutch-language.

Salaskan