[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia, a world without borders with borders?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 06:52:26 UTC 2007

> b m wrote:

> >(lagging behind because im new and being moderated)...anyway, the reference
> >issue IS being discussed on the Dutch wikipedia, but it just doesn't catch
> >on apparently.

>  I'm glad to hear it's being discussed.  If it doesn't catch on, that's
> the way things are.

It took a couple of years to catch on on en:wp. I proposed an
{{unreferenced}} tag in 2004 and the idea was shot down. I tried again
in 2005 and it met with better acceptance, and I started tagging
articles with it. Now you have people seriously proposing to kill off
all as yet unreferenced articles o_0

- d.