[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:52:10 UTC 2007

On 18/06/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, as CW had never been banned, and plenty of admins with check
> user tools knew she had an open proxie, she might not have expected it
> would be a cause to sink her RfA, or that it was banned for her to do
> so.  After all, she is a registered user who uses open proxies and has
> not been banned or told not to use them.

I must say that, as a non-fan of open proxies who blocks them whenever
he sees them, I was unaware it was specifically an offence to edit
through them at all (rather than being behaviour that we had no
obligation to make easier, which is a different matter). This thread
was the first I'd heard of it.

- d.