[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:10:32 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, as CW had never been banned, and plenty of admins with check
> user tools knew she had an open proxie, she might not have expected it
> would be a cause to sink her RfA, or that it was banned for her to do
> so.

As far as I know 3 checkusers knew of it, but CW would *have no way of
knowing that*. I'm not sure why people are spinning ever more fanciful
yarns about CW's ignorance of this policy, in the face of nearly
irrefutable evidence that CW was well aware of it.

> After all, she is a registered user who uses open proxies and has
> not been banned or told not to use them.

That doesn't even logically follow. Armedblowfish wasn't banned for
using TOR proxies either, but it was also made clear that there would
be no exceptions made for him using them, he would have to edit from
real IPs

> It seems unlikely had she actually looked at this she would have been
> so stunned at being asked it in her own RfA.

No, what seems unlikely are the increasingly fabulous tales being
advanced here regarding CW's complete ignorance of this policy, and
the inappropriateness of using proxies.