[WikiEN-l] CSD A7, hilarity ensues

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:27:56 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Agreed. With borderline A7s AfD should really be used instead, and the
> article given more time to develop. Even with routine A7s I usually run a
> quick Google search to see if there's something there other than the usual
> Myspace crap. I hope admins don't delete routinely based purely on the
> article actually being tagged (besides, didn't we have a vandal a while
> back
> who was tagging perfectly good, if obscure articles for CSD? I seem to
> remember something like that). The obvious exception are the A7s
> consisting
> of "Andrew Bloggins is in 6th grade in Ohio who likes homework". But for
> borderline ones, I should hope admins don't routinely trust the tagger.
> Bad
> idea.

I hope I'm not the only admin who does his due diligence before speedying
anything. Sometimes I even look at the page history to be sure. I find that
there are a lot of overenthusiastic taggers out there - I'd estimate that I
take the tag off 1/4 to 1/3 of the articles with speedy tags I encounter.
Sometimes they don't even fully read the article - I once came across one
tagged for no assertion of notability when the article said that the subject
hosts a radio show heard by 3 million people a week. (And most oddly, the
article - despite apparently having been written by its subject - appears to
understate the subject's importance, since a biography of him I found on
Google asserts the show has an audience of 5 million.)

Johnleemk