[WikiEN-l] Metapedia - worse than Conservapedia

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:48:07 UTC 2007

On 7/25/07, cohesion <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The world really has space enough for more than one viewpoint. And it certainly
> > has room for more than the "neutral viewpoint".
>
> And it has room for people to mock a nazi apologist encyclopedia too I
> imagine. I haven't read any of it, and probably won't (disinterest not
> boycott), but come on. People are going to make fun of this. Telling
> people not to will only make them upset.

There is a world of difference between a moral pronouncement "Stop
mocking these eminently mockable people, it's wrong to say they
shouldn't have freedom of speech," which is not what was said here,
but you might be implying was along the lines of what was said, and
"It's unseemly for Wikipedia as a project, or Wikipedia mailing lists,
to be used to mock eminently mockable people and projects like that,"
which is what I took from Jussi's emails.

I agree with what I think Jussi meant; what you do on your own time is
your business, but Wikipedia and this mailing list should not be used
to go around mocking other projects.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com