[WikiEN-l] Metapedia - worse than Conservapedia

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:41:25 UTC 2007

On 7/26/07, cohesion <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The world really has space enough for more than one viewpoint. And it certainly
> > has room for more than the "neutral viewpoint".
> >

> And it has room for people to mock a nazi apologist encyclopedia too I
> imagine. I haven't read any of it, and probably won't (disinterest not
> boycott), but come on. People are going to make fun of this. Telling
> people not to will only make them upset.

Well, that is what has been absent here in the midst of all the mocking.
What was made fun of, was obviously not by the people running the site,
nor is there any clear indication that the particular content will remain
there. Sure, people will make fun of it. Wikipedia is constantly made fun
of on equally solid ground. Of course it happens. But the point is that if
it is not valid (although all too human) to make fun of wikipedia in this
fashion, it is not that devastating a critique against another site with
much less resources than wikipedia to catch vandalism.