[WikiEN-l] Metapedia - worse than Conservapedia

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:19:03 UTC 2007

On 7/26/07, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
> Compared to Conservapedia, I don't see them having any
> specific page attacking wikipedia in any shape or form...
>
> Wikipedians don't simply dislike Conservapedia because it is critical of our
> endeavors, we dislike it because it is poorly written and fundamentally
> opposed to the spirit of inclusiveness and neutrality that Wikipedia stands
> for. The same goes for Metapedia. It's a lobby for a particular viewpoint on
> subjects, not a fair and comprehensive encyclopedic endeavor.

First of all, you appear to feel you have the right to represent what
wikipedians
as a group dislike. That feeling is without justification.

It would furthermore be quite legitimate to say that Encycopaedia Britannica
falls well short of the requirements of neutrality that Wikipedia sets
for itself.
And yet that does not allow us to point a finger at Encyclopaedia Britannica and
say that their compendium is a ridiculous endeavour.

The world really has space enough for more than one viewpoint. And it certainly
has room for more than the "neutral viewpoint".