[WikiEN-l] Criteria of notability for web

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Thu Jan 25 12:54:31 UTC 2007

I have an issue with the third criterium of notability for web content,
which IMO should not exist at all:

<<
Web-specific content is notable if it meets any one of the following criteria:

3) The content is distributed via a medium which is both well known and
independent of the creators, either through an online newspaper or
magazine, an online publisher, or an online broadcaster.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability_(web)

I have a blog on Blogger, which is a medium both well known and
independent of me.

According to the criterion, my blog is notable. Actually, all the
blogs from Blogger are notable, only the blogs hosted by their owners
fail this criterion of notability.

Notability only due to the medium which was published is not valid for
non-web content: not everyone who wrote an article for The Times or
NY Times is notable. Why should it be valid for web content?

The subject of the article should be notable BY ITSELF, not by
association.