[WikiEN-l] Criteria of notability for web

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Thu Jan 25 12:56:11 UTC 2007

Bogdan Giusca wrote:

> I have a blog on Blogger, which is a medium both well known and
> independent of me.
>
> According to the criterion, my blog is notable. Actually, all the
> blogs from Blogger are notable, only the blogs hosted by their owners
> fail this criterion of notability.

The language probably needs to be tightened up a bit, but the intent and
the way it's been read (and I don't disagree) is that "independent of
the subject" means that the subject is controlled editorially somewhat
from the place hosting it.  Thus, a blog on blogger isn't, but a
webcomic on Keenspot generally is.

I'm ham-fisted in my explanation this morning.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the
	Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else."
	- Sen. Rick Santorum on the war in Iraq.